Why did we construct a Micro Skill Training Center?
1. Easy environment for players to learn the Micro Skill Elements inherent to increasing shot Velocity, Accuracy, and Deception
2. Players can easily be guided through the STEP Curriculum, which incorporates a specific structure, to create a solid foundation of stickhandling, passing, and shooting skills
3. To eliminate bad habits by introducing proper biomechanics when players are still relatively young
4. To provide an environment where players can work at their own speed when making improvements
5. To allow players to have an understanding of exactly what they should be working on to improve while practicing at home
6. Training off-ice is the most valuable and proven way for players to effectively transfer important Micro Skill Elements to an on-ice setting. These micro skills SHOULD NOT be introduced to players on-ice